Tuesday, October 23, 2012

REALITY SETS IN!

Jeeze...didn't even get a full day to enjoy my new-found life of leisure! Diane (Madam Admiral!) cracked the whip and had me working on "honey do's" right away. No rest for this retired pilot! Spent well over 2 hours at the top of my mast replacing the TV antennae, changing blocks for my spare halyard and unsuccessfully  trying to change the VHF antennae (whole other story!). Thank God I don't need my family jewels anymore because after hanging from my bosn's chair for so long...they don't exist anymore!! Diane did a great job assisting from the deck as we ran parts up and down...including a can of wasp killer when I discovered a large number of those nasty winged devils had taken up residence at the top of the mast! Nary a sting!
  Just 11 days to go! Couple of doctor appointments and a zillion boat jobs to tackle and we're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment