Sunday, October 14, 2012

FINAL PREPARATIONS!

Contrary to the header on our blog site, I haven't quite retired from American Airlines yet....but I'm just about next! One more trip in mid-October piloting one of our silver jets around the skies of the US and while I'm excited about what happens next, it's also beginning to sink in that in less than a week, I'll be making my last landing at the controls of an AA jet. I think it will be an emotional moment...I just hope I don't screw it up!

Magic has been hauled, bottom painted, hull waxed (my awesome First Mate washed, waxed and polished the entire boat by herself!) and put back into the water. As you can see from the photo, Diane left the sanding and painting up to the Captain...Admiral's perogitive! Cobb's Marina in Norfolk did it's usual superb job and I thank all the folks there for taking care of us. The boat is now back at our backyard dock and work continues. It seems like as every "to do" item is checked off the list, five more appear! Kind of like climbing up a sand dune!! We'll never get everything done, but both the boat and us will be ready to depart for points south the first week of November. Can't wait to share our experiences with you so bookmark this blog and visit often!

2 comments:

  1. Tim & Di,

    Just had to be the first to comment on your blog.

    Very much looking forward to follow your adventures!

    Cheers /Jorgen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just following in your footsteps...except you were smart enough to have someone ELSE prep Querencia's bottom!

    ReplyDelete