Monday, October 22, 2012

FINAL FLIGHT

My awesome crew!


Thanks Wayne...one of AA's best
water cannon salute at DCA
Wow! I think I'm retired! Flew my last trip as a pilot with American Airlines late last week. An absolutely fabulous experience. I had one of my very favorite flying partners with me in the cockpit. Given the opportunity to have just about any Captain I wanted with me on my last fight, CA Wayne Deer was already scheduled to fly with me and I couldn't have asked for better company! He and I have flown together since 1998 and have shared some interesting, fun times for almost 15 years...you'll have to ask him! I was also honored to have a superb group of Flight Attendants who were icing on the cake. Mare, Carolyn, Jeri, and Gina represent the best of their profession and along with Wayne put their heads together to ensure my last flight was memorable! I held it together right up until our taxi into the gate at the DCA airport when I saw two firetrucks awaiting us with the traditional water cannon salute for pilots on their last flight. My thanks to all who made this memorable event happen. My crew ROCKED! Now, it's time to go sailing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment